Thursday, May 30, 2013

On the Road to Fitness

Per the doctors suggestion and with my husbands 30th birthday party only 22 days away I am putting my diet and fitness into overtime. Currently I am doing physical therapy 1 x week (a little background info: I have been struggling with chronic back pain for the past 10 years. Since March 2012 I have been in so much pain that I decided to get to the bottom of the cause. Long story short I have two herniated discs, degenerative disc disease, and arthritis in the spinal joints all in my lower back.). I go to the gym three days a week doing a very light workout.

I downloaded My Fitness Pal onto my phone. Its a great tool for tracking the foods you eat and making calorie counting super easy. My daily allowance is 1,370 calories. I am still getting used to such a reduced calorie diet...one meal at a time LOL. Trust me there are days when I go over, but I really really try my hardest to stay at my limit!

I am going to start posting about my diet, recipes, and workouts over the next few weeks. If my readers are liking it and want to continue reading then I may post about this topic long term.

For those of you like me that are dealing with back injuries, chronic back pain, and post-op back surgery patients, if you have more questions about my medical struggles please shoot me a comment or email me... I would love to hear your stories as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment