Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Simple Patriotic Wreath

I have found that I am more successful with seasonal decorating when my projects are more simple. I found some cute cupcake papers at JoAnn Fabric. I had plans to make a wreath fully covered in the papers, but that was just unrealistic with the time that I had (at least I'm honest).
 
This tutorial can be adapted by adding as many cupcake papers as you like and by changing the wreath from a grapevine to a foam base.
 
 234x60 Fourth of July Sale Plus 10% OFF Coupon
 
Supplies:
Wire
Wire cutters
Scissors
Beads
Cupcake Papers -  I used the regular size and the candy cup size
Jute / ribbon
Wreath - foam, grapevine, cardboard anything will work
 
 
I started by cutting down some of the regular sized papers so when I layered them you could see all three colors - red, white, blue.
 
Next I cut 3 inch lengths of wire (you will need I length for each flower)
I made a small loop at one end and slide on a bead
 

Take each wire with the bead and poke it through the center of your layered cupcake papers (you can put as many layers together as you like I did three - 1 red, 1 blue, and 1 white. I alternated the colors on each flower, but that's optional.


After you have all your flowers made then you need to decide how you want to place them. I did a grouping of three regular size for the bottom of my wreath and three small for the top.



To attach the flowers on a grapevine wreath simply feed the wire through the grapevines and secure it in the back by wrapping the wire around the vine.



To finish off the wreath add a jute hanger and a ribbon bow. (I hung my wreath from a vintage hanger and slid a flag behind the wreath just to dress it up.)


 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment