Thursday, June 13, 2013

Vintage Bread Box Redo

Vintage Bread Box Redo
While thrifting a few weeks ago I found a vintage bread box and matching recipe box. I decided that I would paint them in a chevron pattern (I really love cheveron right now and it is really trending).

I started by lightly sanding the boxes

Then I primed the boxes


 
I painted both boxes grey and chose the chevron pattern that I wanted.
 


I taped off the fronts with the chevron pattern and used white to start the painting (white will be the stripe color shown as grey above)




I then removed the tape and taped out the opposite stripes and painted them using a light aqua. After the paint was all dry I used a super fine sand paper and did some distressing to soften the tape lines and bring out some of the wood grain and natural wood coloring.
Here is the finished product.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment