Thursday, June 13, 2013

Vintage Bread Box Redo

Vintage Bread Box Redo
While thrifting a few weeks ago I found a vintage bread box and matching recipe box. I decided that I would paint them in a chevron pattern (I really love cheveron right now and it is really trending).

I started by lightly sanding the boxes

Then I primed the boxes


 
I painted both boxes grey and chose the chevron pattern that I wanted.
 


I taped off the fronts with the chevron pattern and used white to start the painting (white will be the stripe color shown as grey above)




I then removed the tape and taped out the opposite stripes and painted them using a light aqua. After the paint was all dry I used a super fine sand paper and did some distressing to soften the tape lines and bring out some of the wood grain and natural wood coloring.
Here is the finished product.